I sat on my first pony at five years old and learnt many of the kicks and tricks from my first pony Orange Pippin! I joined the Pony Club at an early age, and had show ponies that competed at the County Shows. I first went to HOYS at 10 years old and have competed there every year winning on:
- ladies hunters (sidesaddle)
- small hunters
- riding horses
- and coloured horses (hogged and plaited)
I hunted when I was seven years old and have continued to follow hounds ever since. I was awarded my hunt button when I was seventeen years old, the same year I won my first race in a Point to Point. At that time my Father was a Permit holder and I trained all the race horses for the track. We ran horses in Point to Points and National Hunt races including races at Aintree and Cheltenham. A very exciting time!
I evented and trained horses to Intermediate Level for seven years along with showing Hacks, Cobs, Hunters, Riding Horses and Arabs at County Level, but with more clients wanting to show horses my eventers then joined the Working Hunters and as a yard we concentrated on the show scene.
I have been extremely honoured to ride and produce for HM the Queen and have several young horses. We also have Barber Shop to compete in the Retraining of Racehorses (ROR) class.
I was very proud to ride Azarax who won the Supreme Horse at the Royal Show in 2010 and then the following year Dunbeacon won the
- Lightweight Hunter Class at HOYS
- Won the Ladies hunter Side saddle
- Supreme Horse at HOYS,
- and the following year he again took the Royal Windsor Hunter Championship and
- also went Supreme at the RIHS
- judge around the world including Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand and have been on our English panels from the age of 21.
- am a columnist for Horse and Hound and feature regularly in many other publications.
- have been working for the past year with Carolyn Henderson on my second hard cover book on showing, which is now available to purchase!
- am an Accredited trainer with the BSPS and BHS as well as a PUK accredited trainer.
- give lecture demonstrations, clinics and talks for ROR.